Saturday 19 March 2011

East Lomond 19 March 2011

The last of the Northern F3F League event was cancelled today due a forecast of very light winds. The forecast for east central Scotland looked a little more promising and with charged models ready to go I headed for East Lomond to meet up with Peter Gunning. The wind was blowing a pretty steady 15-20mph bang on the slope. Brillant!

With no Scottish results for the winter league Zim from Sloperacer decided that the 2010 summer league results would provide the three Scottish entrants for the Champion of Champions event next weekend in South Wales. I was in third place so qualified for the final. Yippee! Gulp!! FFS!

This would be my last chance for some fettling of models before heading for Wales. I was keen to fly my Vikos using my recently acquired and refurbished Futaba 9ZAP transmitter. After a quick flight with my trusty Race M I heaved off the Vikos and it was going pretty well. Having flight conditions on the 9ZAP is a real bonus compared to my trusty FF8 so time to move on. Less switch flicking in the future!

Models tested and tweaked we headed home looking forward to the long drive south on Friday:o/

No fish and chips in Whitby today :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment