Sunday 3 April 2011

Sunday 3 April 2011. East Lomond

Aware that the first F3F event of the 2011 Summer League is next week I headed up to East Lomond for a fly and some practice flying an imaginary course. I wasn’t the only one with the same idea because Ron was in the car park about to head up the hill to join the two Ians who were already on the slope. There were a couple of locals there too with Zagi-type models although I suspect they were hoping to have the slope to themselves.

I had almost reached the gate near the top when I realised I had left my transmitter in the car! Bugger! Ron offered to carry my Vikos the rest of the way while I headed back down to my car. Thanks Ron.

By the time I retrieved my tx and reached to slope I was well and truly “cream crackered” and needed a 5 minute rest before I put my model together!

Ian Stewart had his Ceres going well but headed off sharp so I didn’t see a lot of him flying. Ian Simpson’s Big Bird was looking fast too and showing promise for next week. Ron had his bitsa Viking today and you would never guess that the last time he flew was October 2010.




The wind today was blowing a steady 33-36 MPH gusting to 40+ MPH. Too much wind for East Lomond really because the lift wasn’t spectacular and the air was quite bumpy.




Hope we get a good turnout next week and that the weather is kind to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment