Sunday 12 June 2011

Sunday 12 June 2011 Kilspindie

After the heavy rain yesterday and the cancellation of the scheduled F3F competition I was pleased to get out for a fly today. I arrived quite early and found Ali Sutherland already there with his DLG. Hugh Barker also arrived with his Graphite so I had company!

I had a flight with my Weasel Evo which confirmed the light wind was well round to the south and the lift was variable. Hugh’s Graphite was going well but he does have the advantage of electric power should it all get a bit too low!

I flew my Vikos which was going pretty well in the light conditions; interesting to see that the buzzard took an interest in the Graphite but ignored the Weasel. Not much interest in my orange Vikos either. The lift was very variable with lots of horrible sink and I had more difficulty than normal blundering into thermal lift. Good fun though.

If the weather is any good next Saturday I’ll be heading for the Hole of Horcum and some F3F practice with the NYMRSC lads.

No comments:

Post a Comment