Tuesday 10 January 2012

Kilspindie 10 Jan


With the end of the annual leave year looming in three weeks and the prospect of losing some holidays I took a half day off work and headed up to Kilspindie for a fly. This hill is only a 15 minute drive from work. I met Ian Stewart and his Strega there, it sounds like Kilspindie is Ian's second home!


There was a steady 30mph wind straight onto the southwest slope and we had some great flights. Ian had his Strega going well and it can really move when full of ballast! Quiet too! I ended up flying my Race M full of ballast and it was zipping around really well. An hour and a half flying in good lift soon blew away the cobwebs! Another bonus it that I still have two more days leave to take before the end of January :o)


I only had my phone so the pictures are not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment