Monday 28 October 2013

A cracking F3F weekend.

Our local competition (the last of the summer 2013 league) on Saturday gave me a chance to try my Pike Precision out in competition for the first time and it went really well. I just need to fly it better. A LOT better!! The wind was well round to the south and blowing about 15mph and with no sunshine it was pretty cold.

Mike getting ready to launch Euan's Cyril
  
Interesting sky. Arthur's Seat and Salisbury Crags in Edinburgh in the distance.
 

Stinger



Launch

I flew the Precision with just over a kilo of ballast in the wing and it never felt heavy. I was a bit apprehensive in a couple of rounds when the wind dropped quite low but the model kept going well so I was more than pleased.


My Pike Precision in the pits

Unfortunately Dave Watson and Robert Carson couldn’t make it along so we had a fairly small field. I hope they are both up for the start of the winter league which begins in two weeks Brrrr… 

No comments:

Post a Comment